Wednesday 9 March 2011

Teenagers Fighting

This morning i was on my way to an appointment up the main street of town, when i heard these teenage girls yelling, swearing so i stooped to see what the noise and yelling was about and what i witnessed shocked me.  I was shocked that all i did was stand and watch saying to my self lord am I really seeing what I'm seeing.

This is what i saw:  A mum and daughter were walking down the street and this young teenager about 13-14 was following them yelling abuse at this other young girl also about 13-14, the mum (i suspect was the mum) kept trying to make the young girl with her to keep walking, when this girl turned to this other girl in language that i will not repeat to go away and turned and started to walk away then this other girl came running up behind this other girl and hit her, pushed her on the ground then there was punches and hair pulling the mum was trying to get them apart, I was going to help then out of now where all these other teenagers came running so I called the police.  It was aver in about 10 mim.

As this was happening i kept thinking to my self why are these kids not in school.  What sort of up bringing are they getting. 

I waited to talk to the police and as i was these girls that started were saying that it was the other girl that started it and that the mum was punching her and so on, first i was not going to say anything and when i heard what they were saying i thought no that is not true they were flat out lying and i knew that i had to tell the police what i saw and how they started it. 

i believe that children, teen's and younger adults need Jesus in there lives and without him they are like lost sheep.  I even believe that for adults.

BIBLE PASSAGE EPHESIANS 6:1-4
Children and Parents
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise.
That it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.
Father (Parents), do not exasperate your children, instead bring them up in the training and instruction of the lord.

I have this written up in my bathroom so that my daughter and myself read it when we go to the toilet.  It reminds me of how to be a good parent.




2 comments:

  1. Well said my darling friend Fiona!!!!!
    I am so very proud of you. <>< XXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an interesting post and has interesting pictures and colours. Good work Fiona..it took me ages to find you..eventually I found you through looking at the blogs Crystal has joined. I tried to google you and you weren't anywhere!

    ReplyDelete